Sale of feminized cannabis seeds of all types, Autofem, feminized medicinal, and from the most important commercial banks … Buy feminized cannabis seeds (marijuana/weed) at a massive bargain rate from MSNL. Fast, stealth and efficient delivery on all our discounted feminized seeds!
Feminized marijuana seeds
Feminized seeds are marijuana seeds that always come out female , due to the genetic modification that is done through the application of STS or another chemical treatment. In nature, cannabis seeds can come out both male and female, or even both sexes, and in that case they are called regular seeds .
Comparison of the best feminized seeds, which one to buy?
We have more than 200 feminized seeds, if you prefer to play it safe you can choose any of those listed in this comparison that will not disappoint you.
The feminized ones can be automatic flowering, they are the famous Autofem , which are also among the most demanded at the moment. Another type of very successful feminized cannabis seeds are medicinal ones, which can contain high levels of CBD, CBG, CBDV, or other cannabinoids with therapeutic properties.
What is the ideal seed for me? Buying guide
If you prefer to learn more why you need a specific type of seed, these options could be your solution:
If you want a lot of production, this is the place for you, productions can reach up to 1500 gr..
If you are a first time grower and want to make growing easy and simple, this selection of seeds is for you.
If you are looking for a happy, stimulating and psychoactive effect, here is the comparison with our recommendations..
Whether you are looking for a relaxing, introspective or narcotic effect, we have studied them and know that these will not let you down.
This selection of feminized blues will make your friends envious, try it and leave your colleagues speechless
La purple marijuana is in high demand by Pev-lovers for its preciousness, stop and let decorate your environment.
Do you like strong emotions? With our selection you will discover the most powerful of our catalog, do you dare?
In today’s society everything is rushed, if you want your crop as soon as possible choose one from this list.
If with the options we have offered you did not find the seed you are looking for, what you need is to browse our feminized seed filter, if you browse from your mobile you have the access below, but click on the next button.
ACCESS THE FILTER
Advantages of feminized marijuana seeds
- thumb_upPracticality : Female marijuana is the one that produces the buds that are consumed, the one that forms that sticky layer of resin that contains most of the cannabinoids and terpenes of cannabis.
- thumb_upSavings : When all the female plants come out, you don’t have to grow more specimens than you need, because no male marijuana plants will come out. With the regular ones, you have to calculate twice as much to kill the same females.
- thumb_upWork : Can you imagine spending 1 month or more time watering, pruning, transplanting, checking, and caring for plants that you have to discard when sexing because they are male? That used to happen before, but with feminized seeds it no longer happens .
- thumb_upGenetics : Normally, feminized seeds come from the self-pollination of a champion clone, or from the crossing of 2 elite female clones , that is, from tested marijuana, unlike when a male intervenes.
- thumb_upSimplicity : For some people it is very easy to differentiate between female and male marijuana plants, but for inexperienced growers this can be a problem, which they will not have with feminized seeds.
- thumb_downFrost: They do not tolerate the cold very well and may even stop or even die.
- thumb_downGrowth: Slower than autos.
- thumb_downFlowering: Cannot flower except in total darkness.
- thumb_downHarvest: You can only have one harvest per season.
If you want to go a little deeper into this topic, I recommend that you read this article where we explain the differences between feminized and regular seeds , you will surely like it.
What are the best feminized seed banks?
Although the seed banks that most worked the marijuana strains to become feminized were Dutch Passion and Dinafem, currently there are several banks that have premium feminized cannabis genetics , and from our point of view these are the best:
How to know if a seed is feminized?
If you look at the feminized marijuana seeds, and compare them with the normal ones, you will see that they can be exactly the same , so it would be impossible to recognize the feminine seeds or differentiate them from the others.
The fastest way to know if a seed is feminized is to germinate and care for it until it reaches sexual maturity. Cannabis plants need between 25 and 50 days to show their sex, depending on their genetics and growing conditions. Once the plants are sexually mature they show their first pre-flowers , and at that time it is very easy to distinguish them, since the female flowers are like white hairs and the male ones are small balls.
Feminized or 100% female seeds should have all female flowers , otherwise, even if they were feminized, they would be hermaphrodite, intersex , and in some cases directly male.
How to make feminized marijuana seeds
There are different methods to obtain 100% female cannabis seeds , but the most widespread for its effectiveness is the STS technique. The application of silver thiosulfate (STS) sprayed on female marijuana plants inhibits the production of ethylene, and in this way these specimens show male sex and release fertile pollen, although their genetic information is still female (XX)
To obtain feminized seeds, this pollen must be used to pollinate other sexually stable female plants. By crossing 2 plants with female genetic information, all your offspring will be female as well . It must be emphasized that they have to be sexually stable, that is, females who under no stress change their sex, except with STS.
If you want to know more about how to feminize seeds or regular plants, in this blog post you will see much more information, including seeing the process step by step.
How to grow a feminized seed
It is actually easier to prepare a crop of feminized marijuana seeds than with normal ones, because by knowing the exact number of usable individuals you can calculate much better all the resources you will need, as well as adjust the times more precisely.
But in general the cultivation of feminized is very similar to that of other varieties of cannabis, except that perhaps you have to be more careful not to stress the plants . Below you can see the most important factors that you have to take into account indoors and outdoors:
Growing feminized seeds indoors
- filter_1Temperature : We know that the ideal temperature for growing marijuana indoors is about 24º C. with the light on and about 18º C. with the light off. This must be tried to keep it as stable as possible, because a higher or lower temperature range can cause stress. The maximum temperature should not exceed 30º C. and the minimum that never falls below 15º C. Higher or lower values can be dangerous.
- filter_2Humidity : During germination it has to be very high, above 90%. For the vegetative growth phase it can be between 60% and 80%, but during flowering the ideal is for it to be less than 50%, especially since the buds begin to form, which you have to try to lower it to the maximum. Low humidity during growth can lead to later hermaphroditism.
- filter_3Photoperiod : It goes without saying that for the vegetative cycle the ideal photoperiod is 18 hours of light and 6 of darkness, and for flowering 12/12. But it is important to know that the illuminated phase has to be constant, and that the darkness has to be total during the dark phase, without anything interrupting it. One of the biggest causes that some feminized seeds do not come out completely female is not respecting the darkness, especially during flowering.
- filter_4Nutrition : That one plant admits more food than another has nothing to do with whether it is feminized or normal. That is marked by its genetics and crop conditions, without more. But when feminized seeds are grown, be careful not to overfertilize, because this type of cannabis can be more stressful than the others.
How to grow feminized seeds outdoors
- filter_1Substrate : Try to have quality soil, even if you plant directly in the ground, it is good to make a hole and add specific substrate. A low quality soil, little oxygenated, or over fertilized, can cause root stress. If you grow in a pot, in addition to taking the above into account, try to perform the transplants correctly, it is not good to delay them, and you have to do them carefully so as not to damage the roots.
- filter_2Irrigation : Water stress can also end in the appearance of a few male flowers, and that is not what we want, so it is very important to respect the dry cycle between waterings, and not wait until the substrate has become very dry to to water. If the plant drops its leaves it means that it is suffering, and if it suffers it may end up being a hermaphrodite instead of a beautiful pure female.
- filter_3Space : If you transplant to mother earth, it is important that you leave enough space between plants, first so that no light is blocked between them, but also because it is not good that the roots enter into a dispute over the substrate, since it is another type of stress that can lead to hermaphroditism.
- filter_4Training : Feminized plants can be pruned and shaped like the rest of marijuana, but you have to try not to be a very aggressive training, that is why it is better to use LST techniques (Low stress training)
The best feminised sativa and indica seeds
Although the majority of feminized strains on the market are indica-dominant hybrids and polyhybrids, there are also a few pure feminized sativa seeds or sativa hybrids worth trying, and from our point of view, these are the best:
- done_allJamaican Lambsbread : The favorite marijuana of Bob Marley and many other smokers of the 70s and 80s. It can be grown indoors at 12/12 from seed, but where it shows its full potential is in outdoor crops.
- done_allPanama : This sativa is available in regular version or feminized seed, although it must be said that 100% feminized Panama seeds are more homogeneous than normal ones. It is fast and productive, with a very pleasant euphoric high.
- done_allDestroyer : This feminized hybrid combines 3 classic pure sativas, a Thai, a Mexican and a Colombian, and oddly enough, it remains at a manageable size and its flowering is not very long.
- done_allChocolate Thai : One of the few legendary sativas from the 70s that is still alive. The best effect that can be experienced, of the so-called “homeless”, is very stimulating, happy, and without relaxing descent. These sativa seeds are very well worked, they come out 100% female, and their cultivation is quick and easy.
- done_allMaui Wowie : The quintessential Hawaiian sativa, now in feminized seed for easy cultivation. It is the tastiest of all the genetics in this category, with a taste of tropical pineapple that everyone likes, and its effect is very psychoactive but always happy.
Due to their speed and ease of cultivation, feminized indica seeds are the best-selling today. It is not easy to find pure indica in feminized format , but there are hundreds or thousands of indica hybrids, and for us the most recommended are the following:
- done_allHashplant : A feminized indica with a truly devastating effect, the kind that leaves Ko. Its name comes from the fact that it is a special plant for extractions, since it produces a lot of resin and is large, in very fat buds.
- done_allPakistan Chitral Kush : Maintained in its pure state since it left Pakistan 5 decades ago, this feminized indica seed is special for lovers of colorful plants and the relaxing effect.
- done_allAfghani # 1 : This is a genetic improvement work on a pure indica variety from northern Afghanistan. It has been offered in the Sensi Seeds catalog for 30 years, and it is always one of the best sellers for its speed, production, resistance, and flavor.
- done_allNorthern Lights : The longest-lived indica hybrid, used to create thousands of new polyhybrids, and still ranks high on the top. One of the secrets of its success is its ability to mass produce a beast in the shortest time.
- done_allHindu Kush : This variety was found by the hippies of the Himalayan mountains and later it was worked on the west coast of the USA for many years. Less compact in structure than other indica, its relaxing effect is pure natural medicine for body and mind, and its flavor is the preferred flavor for many.
question_answer Frequently asked questions about feminized seeds
What are feminized seeds?
They are marijuana seeds that are obtained from plants that have previously been treated with STS, colloidal silver, or other products , so that females can produce female pollen that is later applied on other females to produce seeds that contain only female genetic information. . From these seeds only plants of female sex come out, although in many cases a small percentage of the offspring can be hermaphroditic or directly male.
When are feminized seeds planted?
In indoor cultivation they can be planted at any time, because being able to regulate the photoperiod allows us to control the growth time, and that the plants begin to bloom when we are most interested. On the other hand, in outdoor crops we do have to take into account the time of germination and planting of the seeds, and they are usually put in spring . Sativa varieties can be planted later than indica, because they start to flower later and their flowering is longer, so they end up making up for the time difference.
What does photoperiod mean when we talk about cannabis seeds?
The word photoperiod means “light time” and when applied to cannabis seeds it refers to varieties that depend on light and dark times to grow or flower. Photodependent varieties are based on the number of hours of light and darkness to know if it is time to grow or flower, unlike autoflowering varieties, which do not intercede and start flowering automatically as soon as they reach sexual maturity. .
How long does a feminized seed take?
That depends on your genetics, a fast flowering feminized is not the same as an indica feminized or feminized sativa. The growth time does not change much in this regard, but the flowering period can vary significantly from one feminized seed to another. The “Fast version” varieties are the fastest in the photodependent category, followed by indica, then hybrids, and finally sativas, which are the ones that take the longest to grow. It can be said that on average the flowering of feminized seeds is 9 weeks , to which must be added the vegetative growth time, which is usually one month, so the total cycle would be around 13 weeks per general norm.
Feminized Marijuana Seeds
Feminized marijuana seeds are specifically bred to produce female plants 99% of the time. It is these female plants that produce flowers develop into the glistening, fragrant buds that are then enjoyed by all cannabis enthusiasts. They are what all the hard work effort and dedication are all for.
/Feminized Marijuana Seeds 10 2 Feminized Marijuana Seeds https://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/feminized-seeds 2
What are feminized seeds?
Of the many different types of seeds available, it is important to understand exactly what feminized means.
Feminized seeds contain two female (x) chromosomes with no male (Y) chromosomes guaranteeing female plants which produce THC-rich flowers.
Let’s look into this in more detail: Only female cannabis plants produce high levels of THC, other cannabinoids, and terpenes. Marijuana is a Dioecious plant, which means – there are separate male plants and female plants, not both. Some other species of plant have both male and female reproductive parts in the same plant, this is NOT how marijuana plants work. That means that even though male weed plants will still produce very small levels of THC, they won’t be as potent or tasty as female plants.
In addition, male plants produce pollen that, if it lands on a female, makes it produce seeds, which we all know is a red flag for lower-quality weed. Why, because once it’s pollinated all the plant’s energy goes into making seeds, not big fat sticky buds. When you’re buying seeds, you’ll often see ‘feminized’ seeds or regular seeds. If the seeds are regular, they can end up growing into females or males. This increases your risk of male plants pollinating your females and ruining the entire crop overall.
How are marijuana seeds feminized?
Since female plants don’t naturally produce the pollen that’s necessary for breeding, there are specific techniques that breeders will implement to force female plants to pollinate other females.
By repeatedly spraying a female cannabis plant with colloidal silver, you force it to produce pollen sacks that only have female chromosomes in the pollen. This single-sex pollen is then used to cross-pollinate another female plant-producing seeds that can only grow into female plants. That’s because there is no male genetics involved anywhere in the breeding process.
Can a female plant produce seeds without a male?
If you are looking to create seeds from your female plants, either for breeding out to keep the genetic line, it is important to know if it is possible. A female plant can produce seeds without a male if a part of the plant is forced to create pollen using colloidal silver. This pollen can then pollinate the rest of the plant (or other females) to then grow seeds.
In addition, female plants can produce seeds without a male if they are ‘hermied out’. This term refers to plants transforming into hermaphrodites, or plants that are both male and female. Hermaphrodite plants often appear due to some type of stress. For instance, if your environment becomes too hot and stays too hot for too long, or, stresses like light cycle changes (due to no electricity or timer issues), cold temperatures, etc. can cause your female plants to hermie and produce seeds.
However making seeds from hermies means that there is a much higher chance of the offspring also showing hermie tendencies. This is bad news if you want high-quality, seed-free buds.
Do feminized seeds look different?
Unfortunately, there’s no reliable way to identify female seeds from male seeds by appearance alone.
What are the best feminized seeds?
The best feminized seeds will be those that produce high yields and high levels of cannabinoids, along with overall high-quality plants. These qualities tend to come from reliable, long-standing genetic lines that are produced by well-established breeders or seed banks.
What are the pros of feminized seeds?
While you might already suspect the advantages of feminized seeds, let’s review the exact pros you can expect:
Better Quality Plants
– Feminized seeds from MSNL are stable and are only made with high-quality genetic lines, proven for their strength and vigour.
– When sowing regular seeds, you run the risk of bringing a male plant into your crops, which could be contained in a small space. Doing so puts you at risk of pollinating your female plants and negatively affecting your entire harvest.
– When you grow female plants exclusively, you’re using the most of the space you have, rather than wasting area and resources on plants that don’t produce as high-quality results.
– Growing your own weed to avoid paying high prices for it takes time, effort, and labor. So, you’ll want the yields to be as bountiful as possible. When well cared for, with feminized seeds you’re guaranteed a female plant that produces its maximum number of flowers.
What are the cons of feminized seeds?
They don’t produce more seeds
– If you’re trying to breed your own marijuana strain, then you’re going to need pollen to make seeds. In that case, feminized seeds aren’t right for you since they’ll only produce female plants that don’t contain any pollen.
Can you use feminized seeds for a mother plant?
A mother plant refers to a female plant that’s kept in veg to continually take clones from. As soon as your feminized seeds produce a plant that’s large enough, you can take cuttings off of it and make those into a mother plant. Or, avoid photoperiod light cycles to keep it in veg to serve as a mother plant. It is entirely possible to use feminized seeds to grow a healthy adult plant that you can then use as a mother to take clones off.
However, some growers do believe mother plants should only come from a ‘true’ offspring that’s been made from a male and a female. With the idea that this lends to genetic stability and normality, because, down the line, the plant could be more susceptible to becoming hermaphroditic. Using high-quality feminized seeds from MSNL you will not have to worry about hermie tendencies as our fems are not from hermied parents.
What are feminized photoperiod seeds?
Outside of gender, there are two main classifications of seeds you can grow – autoflowering, and photoperiod. Autoflowering seeds that have been bred with ruderalis genetics, or that bloom automatically without the need for a change in the day/night light cycle.
Where to buy feminized cannabis seeds?
To buy female cannabis seeds, it’s best to find a seed bank you can trust. You’ll be relying on the fact that the cannabis seeds are feminized and not just labelled that way. MSNL, the original seed bank since 1999, is proud to offer long-standing strains and the latest up-and-coming strains from reliable breeders. Plus, all the growing guides and news you’ll need to succeed in growing weed from home. Check out the strains we have for sale now.