From coffee to cocktails, we’re sure you’ll find a CBD beverage that excites your taste buds from our shortlist of CBD drink recipes. Want to get all the benefits of coffee minus the jitters and anxiety? Find out how to make your own CBD latte the easy way! The therapeutic properties of hojicha and CBD combine to create the ultimate latte that relaxes your body and mind.
5 Easy CBD Drink Recipes You Can Make at Home
CBD drinks are the latest trend, and with the beneficial properties of CBD combining with a delicious vessel to consume it in, it won’t be going away anytime soon.
And since we’re all spending more time at home for the foreseeable future due to coronavirus safety measures, we’re whipping/blending/stirring up some of our favorite CBD drink recipes that you can make with simple ingredients at home. While you can always order CBD coffee online, we think it’s way more fun to do it yourself, since you can customize your drink to your preference.
From coffee to cocktails, we’re sure you’ll find a CBD drink recipe below that excites your taste buds.
CBD Chocolate Latte
For those of you with a sweet tooth, this CBD chocolate latte recipe is for you. In our opinion, this is the most delicious way to get your daily dose of CBD. But be warned – this one’s highly indulgent!
- 2 cups of Fusion coffee, already brewed
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Fusion CBD oil of your choice
- Ensure your Fusion Coffee blend is already hot, brewed, and ready to use.
- Add your brewed coffee to a saucepan over medium-low heat, followed by the rest of the ingredients – apart from the syrup. Mix together well. Then, add the syrup.
- Stir constantly for about five minutes until the latte is well mixed and heated. Serve and enjoy!
CBD-Infused Peppermint Chocolate Espresso
An espresso with a chocolatey, peppermint twist! If you don’t have the time for a coffee, this quick CBD espresso recipe will start your day off right.
- Espresso or Fusion coffee
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened drinking chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. sugar, or whatever sweetener you prefer
- 1/4-1/2 cup creamer
- Preferred dose of Fusion’s mint-flavored CBD oil
- Make a double shot of espresso, or a strong cup of Fusion coffee, and set aside.
- Add the drinking chocolate and sweetener to your favorite mug.
- Next, drop your CBD tincture into the drinking chocolate.
- Pour the espresso onto drinking chocolate and mix.
- Heat the creamer in the microwave for about 30 seconds; make sure it’s hot, but don’t let it reach boiling temperature; add the hot creamer to the mug.
- Finish by blending the mug’s contents with a milk frother!
CBD-Infused Hojicha Latte
Hojicha is a lesser-known type of green tea that, when roasted, offers a distinct, nutty sweet taste, making it perfect for CBD lattes.
- 1 teaspoon of hojicha powder
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Fusion CBD oil of choice
- Start by brewing your hojicha tea. If you’re using powder, simply mix into hot water; if you’re using loose-leaf tea, you’ll need your tea strainer.
- Froth the milk using your milk frother. You’ll want to add a few drops of your CBD oil while you’re frothing.
- Pour the frothed milk into the hojicha tea, serve, and enjoy!
CBD Bulletproof Coffee
If you’re following a keto diet or simply want to try a coffee that’s unlike anything you’ve ever tasted, give this CBD bulletproof coffee recipe a try.
- 8 oz. of your preferred Fusion coffee blend
- 1 tbsp. of grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil
- ½ dropper of Fusion CBD oil
- Optional sweetener: keto sweeteners, dark chocolate, cinnamon, cardamom, etc.
- Brew your Fusion coffee with your preferred brewing method.
- Then add the brewed coffee to your blender, or a container and use an immersion blender.
- Next, add the butter, coconut oil, and CBD oil to the blender. Add your sweetener at this time, too, if you decided to go with one.
- Blend the mixture for about 15-20 seconds; it should foam up a little, adding roughly 2 ounces of volume.
- Pour in your favorite mug and enjoy!
CBD Pimm’s Cup
This variation of a ‘Pimm’s Cup’ combines a refreshing combo of cucumber and ginger to complement the soothing properties of CBD.
- 2 ounces Pimm’s Original No. 1 Cup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 cannabis leaves (optional)
- 1 ounce ginger beer
- 15 mg Fusion CBD tincture
- Muddle the cucumber and simple syrup in your cocktail shaker.
- Add the Pimm’s and lemon juice, then shake with ice. Strain into a chilled glass filled with ice.
- Finish with the ounce of ginger beer, and garnish with a cucumber wheel. Enjoy!
Ready to whip up your own CBD-infused drinks at home? For both coffee and CBD oil, visit Fusion Coffee Beans and check out our online canna-cafe’s selection of gourmet coffee ground and beans, and premium hemp CBD oils!
How To Make The Best CBD Latte
If you’re like millions of other Americans, you start your morning with a cup of coffee or maybe reach for a cup in the afternoon. While coffee is a great way to boost your energy and focus, it can cause some unwanted side effects. Jitters, anxiety, and rapid heartbeat are some of the biggest downsides to regular caffeine consumption. Luckily, there’s a great way to get your coffee fix and ease symptoms of stress at the same time. Read on to learn how to get all the benefits of coffee minus the jitters with CBD lattes.
What Is CBD and Is it Legal?
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is one of the many compounds found in the hemp plant and its cousin, the cannabis plant. When consumed, these compounds, known as cannabinoids, interact with the human endocannabinoid system. The human endocannabinoid system is thought to have an effect on certain processes in our bodies such as appetite, mood regulation, and feelings of pain. CBD can be isolated from the other compounds in the cannabis plant, including the cannabinoid THC. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is responsible for the “high” feeling a person gets from using marijuana. CBD, on the other hand, is not psychoactive at all. This is not to say, though, that it doesn’t affect the human body.
While research is still being done about cannabinoids and how they affect people, CBD has been seeing a surge of popularity lately. You’ve probably seen CBD products on the shelves of your grocery store, pharmacy, or beauty shop, and those who regularly use CBD usually note a reduction in pain symptoms and an increase in feelings of relaxation and calm.
Right now, CBD products are legal to buy, sell, and possess according to the federal government. As long as these products are derived from hemp and contain less than 0.3% THC, they are okay. However, each state has different regulations about the sale and possession of CBD, and what kinds of products can contain it. Some states have also completely legalized recreational marijuana and its derivatives, but marijuana is still illegal on a federal level. It’s best to research what regulations apply in your state.
What Are the Benefits of Drinking CBD Coffee?
If you find yourself regularly kickstarting your day with a coffee drink, you’ve probably had too much caffeine at least once or twice. You may have experienced increased jitteriness as a result. But adding CBD to your morning latte can help to reduce or even eliminate these negative side effects. When you drink CBD lattes, you can get the attention-boosting focus of your morning coffee with the added benefits of CBD, including relaxation and clear, calm focus.
How to Make a CBD Latte
If you’re ready to give CBD coffee a try, there are a few things you need to know before you get started. First, start small. If you normally drink multiple cups of coffee in the morning, start with just one CBD-infused drink. Some coffee companies are offering CBD-infused coffee grounds, but it can be difficult to get an accurately measured dose this way. Mixing CBD oil with your coffee produces more accurate results that you can replicate from day to day.
To make a CBD latte, you’ll need both coffee and CBD oil. However, keep in mind that CBD oil doesn’t blend into water. Instead, it binds to fats, so you’ll need to include some fat in this latte to get a smooth drink. In this case, you’ll want to use milk or cream because of its fat content. Because of this, 1%, 2%, whole milk, coconut milk creamer or almond milk creamer work well, but you’ll want to avoid skim milk because it has very little fat.
You can start with brewed hot coffee, or heat your milk first and stir in instant coffee granules. Use at least a half cup of milk for every cup of coffee, and start with a low dose of CBD oil. If the effects of the CBD aren’t as pronounced as you’d like, you can increase your dosage until you find what works for you. Everyone responds differently to CBD, so it may take a bit of experimentation to find the best dosage. Here’s an easy recipe for a mocha CBD latte:
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp of your favorite hot chocolate mix
- 1 dose of CBD oil
Pour the coffee into a small saucepan and heat over low. Stir in your hot chocolate mix until dissolved, and then add in the milk and CBD. Whisk until frothy, pour into your favorite mug, and enjoy!
Find The Right CBD Products For You
CBD oil is an essential component of CBD coffee, but not all CBD is the same! It’s important to buy your CBD oil from a trusted and transparent supplier, so you always know you’re getting the best products. Great CBD suppliers are upfront about where the ingredients for their products are sourced, so be sure to do some research before making a purchase.
Evn is proud to offer premium hemp products including gummies, topicals, and oils. Evn CBD oils come in two different strengths in both a mint and natural flavor, so you’re sure to find a product that works for you. At Evn, we ensure that all of our CBD products are sourced from US-grown hemp rich in health-promoting CBD. If you’re ready to seize the day with CBD coffee or would like to try other CBD products, we will happily answer any questions you have!
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte
Hojicha is a roasted green tea from Kyoto, Japan. Since it is roasted, hojicha is naturally decaffeinated making it convenient to sip on day or night. The roasting process also removes any bitterness and gives hojicha its signature earthy aroma and reddish-brown color. Hojicha contains L-Theanine and pyrazines, which calm the body.
What is CBD Oil
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a compound produced by the hemp and the cannabis plants. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is non-psychoactive. CBD is often taken to treat sleep and mood disorders, reduce anxiety, or as an anti-inflammatory.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the hemp or the cannabis plant, and by diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut MCT oil.
Why Hojicha and CBD Oil Make for the Perfect Latte
The therapeutic properties of hojicha and CBD combine to create the ultimate latte that relaxes your body and mind. Make this latte a part of your morning routine for a stress-free day, or sip on a comforting latte before bedtime as you wind down at night.
It’s as easy as adding a few drops of CBD oil to a hojicha latte prepared with your favorite type of milk. Since the naturally sweet hojicha flavor isn’t altered by most MCT based CBD oils, this latte tastes just as good when made sugar-free.
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte Recipe
- 5 grams Hojicha Classic
- 125 ml filtered water
- 1 dropper of CBD oil
- 125 ml any type of milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Add 5 grams of loose leaf hojicha into a teapot of tea infuser.
- Heat filtered water to 90°C (194°F).
- Pour 125 ml warm filtered water over the hojicha in circular motions.
- Let the hojicha steep for 30 seconds, and then remove the tea leaves.
- Add the CBD oil, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional). Stir to combine.
- Heat 125 ml of your favorite type of milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Remove the milk from the heat as soon as steam arises, and whisk or use a milk frother to create foam.
- Pour the foamed milk over the hojicha, and enjoy your latte.
Ready to try the CBD Infused Hojicha Latte? Start by ordering Hojicha Classic loose leaf tea.