CBD is legal in France — but there are some key regulations you need to be aware of. Learn more about French CBD laws. Do you want to buy CBD hemp oil in France at the best prices? Find our best products online with 3 to 30% CBD.
What Are the CBD Laws in France? [2021 Buyer’s Guide]
CBD laws in France, like many other European countries, is complicated.
But we have some good news for you — France is one of the best places to be if you want to purchase CBD products legally.
With that being said, there are a few laws you should be aware of to remain legal — especially when shopping for CBD oils from other countries.
In this article, I cover everything you need to know about buying CBD products in France — including the laws, regulations, and offer advice on ordering CBD products online.
Summary: Buying CBD In France
- CBD products that contain no THC are legal in France
- Hemp is legal to grow as long as it has a THC content of less than 0.2%. However, all THC must be removed from CBD products in order for them to be legal.
- Although CBD is legal to possess, some shops selling it have had trouble with the authorities — in some cases, the businesses are shut down and their products confiscated.
- France produces up to 40% of Europe’s hemp and is the world’s third-largest producer — only behind China and Canada.
Best CBD Oil Brands For France (2021):
- Best CBD Oils For Pain in France — Nordic Oil
- Best Budget CBD Brand in France — Reakiro CBD
- Best CBD Concentrates in France — Endoca CBD
- Best Full-Spectrum CBD Oils France — Eir Health
- Best CBD Edibles France — Holistic Hemp Scotland
Where to Buy CBD Products in France
You can find many online suppliers that ship high-quality CBD products to France. However, some of these companies are international entities — so they may not strictly follow the regulations in place by the French government.
Therefore, it’s important that you take a few steps to ensure you’re in line with the law.
When shopping online, make sure you choose products made with CBD isolates to avoid any trouble with the authorities.
You may see CBD extracts labeled as “full-spectrum” — which means they have a variety of cannabinoids from the hemp plant, including THC. Avoid purchasing these extracts to make sure the oils you order are completely THC free to remain legal.
Most European-based CBD companies will ship directly to France. Our favorite brands are Nordic Oil, Endoca, and Reakiro.
Tips for Buying CBD Online in France:
- Purchase products made with CBD isolates — CBD isolates are completely legal in France while full-spectrum extracts contain THC — which is not permitted.
- Avoid purchasing from companies that claim CBD treats or cures any disease — these claims are not supported by the European Commission.
- Make sure the supplier can provide third-party test results — these tests can tell you if the product contains potentially harmful materials like heavy metals, pesticides, and solvents.
Is CBD Legal in France?
The marijuana plant is illegal in France. It’s classified as a narcotic drug.
However, CBD is NOT considered a narcotic in the eyes of the government — but there are restrictions that must be followed in order for it to be legal.
As we mentioned above, people are free to grow their own hemp in France.
However, the hemp must be one of the government-approved strains and only the stems and fibers can be used — using the flowers in any way is strictly prohibited.
There’s some confusion here because the hemp plant is legally allowed to have 0.2% THC by weight — which isn’t the case with CBD products.
CBD is only legal to sell, use, and possess in France if it has 0% THC. If the product contains any THC at all, it may be considered a narcotic by the authorities.
Companies selling CBD are forbidden from making any therapeutic claims not recognized by the ANSM or the European Commission. Additionally, the marketing of CBD products is limited and can’t promote the use of cannabis in any way.
With all of this in mind, customers in France should look for products made from CBD isolate in order to remain within the 0% THC limit.
CBD isolates are hemp extracts that are thoroughly processed to remove any remaining THC and other cannabis compounds.
Hemp & Marijuana: What’s the Difference?
The difference between hemp and marijuana is largely cultural — both are actually the same species, known as Cannabis sativa.
Both hemp and marijuana are rich in CBD, but produce different amounts of other cannabinoids like THC, CBN, CBC, CBG, and much more. This is all controlled by the plant’s DNA.
The law separates hemp and marijuana based on how much THC is in the plant — THC is the chemical compound in cannabis that produces the psychoactive high.
1. Marijuana — More Than 0.2% THC
In France, marijuana is defined as a strain of Cannabis sativa with more than 0.2% THC by weight. THC is the main reason why marijuana is illegal in many countries around the world — including France. It’s the primary psychoactive ingredient in the plant responsible for the high produced by marijuana.
2. Hemp — 0.2% THC or Less
According to French authorities, hemp is any Cannabis sativa with a THC content of less than 0.2%. Unlike marijuana, hemp cannot get the user high. For this reason, it’s considered a legal and abundant crop in France.
A Brief History of Cannabis Laws in France
It’s important to know that cannabis is the umbrella term for both hemp and marijuana — and the distinction is crucial to understanding the laws regarding CBD in France.
France has been growing industrial hemp for hundreds of years. By 1850, France was producing more than 175,000 hectares of hemp — this number decreased to a low of 700 hectares by 1960 .
In more recent times, France has increased hemp production once again — and is now responsible for approximately 40% of Europe’s hemp production.
However, France’s laws regarding hemp and CBD are not always straightforward. Let’s examine these laws in more detail.
Final Thoughts: Buying CBD In France
Overall, France is one of the best places to be in Europe if you’re interested in CBD products. France is Europe’s leading producer of hemp and the third-largest producer worldwide.
Under the current laws, you’re welcome to grow your own hemp on the condition that it’s one of the 20 approved strains with less than 0.2% THC and you only use the seeds, stems, leaves, and fibers of the plant.
French laws are slowly becoming more accepting of CBD products as people around the world recognize the value of cannabis extracts.
Although there are some restrictions, you should have no trouble finding high-quality CBD extracts in France as long as you purchase those with 0% THC.
Would you like to to buy CBD oil in France and at the best prices? Find our best products online dosed from 3 to 30% CBD. All of our CBD oils are guaranteed to be 100% safe and organic, straight from the hemp plant.
Rich in cannabidiol, CBD oils from Weedy. Fr has many virtues: relaxing effect, muscle relaxation, better sleep, pain relief effects, stress reduction and many more.
Use them in your cooking recipes, under the tongue for almost immediate effects or directly on the skin.
Enjoy benefits of CBD oil légalement with fast and discreet shipping.
CBD oil 20% Weedy – Full Spectrum
With its 20% cannabidiol (CBD) and its natural richness in cannabigerol (CBG), it is one of the purest and most powerful on the market.
20 results shown
CBD Oil 15% Day – Mango Taste
CBD Oil 20% Day – Mango Taste
CBD Oil 15% Night – Herbal Taste
CBD Oil 20% Night – Herbal Taste
CBD Oil 30% – With Hemp Oil
CBD Oil 20% – With Hemp Oil
CBD Oil 15% – With Hemp Oil
CBD Oil 10% – With Hemp Oil
CBD Oil 5% – With Hemp Oil
Dog CBD oil 3%
Dog CBD oil 5%
Cat CBD oil 3%
Cat CBD oil 5%
CBD capsules – 20mg
CBD Oil 5% Day – Mango Taste
CBD Oil 10% Day – Mango Taste
CBD Oil 30% Day – Mango Taste
CBD Oil 5% Night – Herbal Taste
CBD Oil 10% Night – Herbal Taste
CBD Oil 30% Night – Herbal Taste
The CBD oils consist of a cannabidiol extract organic associated with an oil base, usually vegetable oil. Thanks to the fatty substance in which the CBD is mixed (hemp oil or MCT coconut oil in particular), the latter is more easily assimilated by the human body : we speak of a fat-soluble molecule (it is diluted in fat, but not in water).
Buying CBD hemp oil gives you two options: one oil with a CBD isolate (high percentage of CBD) or a full spectrum oil (full spectrum) which associates the CBD other cannabinoids naturally present in the legal cannabis plant. The effects are then more pronounced thanks to theentourage effect.
CBD oils are definitely one of the most versatile and easy ways to consume cannabidiol. Different types of grip are available to you:
- CBD oil sublingually : the fastest way to feel the effects. Place a few drops under the tongue, wait 30 to 40 seconds, then swallow.
- CBD oil in capsules : just swallow them and then wait for digestion. The effects appear later, but the dosage is pre-established and the taking is extremely easy.
- CBD oil in cooking : ideal for masking the taste. Place them on a sugar, in a spoonful of honey or in any dish.
- CBD oil in local application : directly on the skin, to relieve skin irritation, or by massage.
The percentage of a CBD oil corresponds to its concentration: the higher it is, the “stronger” the product. It is therefore to be adapted according to your needs.
- CBD oils 5% to 10%: rather for people who are new to CBD and want to take advantage of its gentle effects.
- CBD oils 15% or 20%: they require fewer drops for such strong effects. For example, they begin to be interesting against pain, while benefiting from a proportionally more attractive price than the lowest concentrations.
- CBD oils 25%, 30% and more: the most concentrated oils are reserved for those who are already familiar with CBD and need a higher dosage to achieve the desired effects.
Buying CBD oil allows you to take advantage of effects of CBD under one versatile shape and convenient to use. The effects sought by consumers are numerous:
- Reduce daily stress,
- Relieve chronic pain,
- Fight against insomnia and benefit from a better quality of sleep,
- Encourage muscle recovery,
- Enjoy the antidepressant effects of CBD,
- Reduce skin irritation,
- Act against acne problems.
The advantage of CBD oils compared to other products derived from legal cannabis is the softness of its grip and the richness of the dosages it offers: of what easily control its effects.
Known for its versatility, CBD hemp oil can be used by individuals of all ages, for some varied needs. Unless otherwise medically indicated, so it can be used by everyone. If you are taking any medication (especially antidepressants), however, talk to your doctor about your willingness to use CBD oil, as drug interactions may in some cases occur.
All mammals also have an endocannabinoid system, allowing us to be receptive to CBD. CBD oil can therefore also be used for pets (especially dogs and cats).
So just make sure to adapt the dose to their weight. Weedy.fr now offers you CBD oils specially created for dogs and cats.
To be legal in France, an organic CBD oil must be extracted from a cannabis plant whose THC level complies with the regulations in force within the European Union (0,3% THC).
Weedy.fr guarantees you thepurchase of CBD oil in strict compliance with the law and paying particular attention to the component quality. You buy a healthy product, without psychotropic effect, without risk of addiction et without risk of overdose.
To enjoy the effects of your CBD oil for as long as possible, simply be sure to close the bottle tightly after use and store it in a cool place, away from light.